This article provides information about how to update all the firmware for your Dell PowerEdge servers in one step via the ISO images (ISO-files) provided below. These include a small bootable Linux distribution and a collection of all firmware (repositories) for a specific server model. The updates are done automatically after starting the server from the corresponding image and can take up to 1 hour to complete.
1. Download the image corresponding to your system from the list of Update Repositories below.
2. Determine the method you want to use to boot from the image:
- By Creating a bootable USB device with Rufus for updating Dell PowerEdge servers
- By Using the Virtual Media function on iDRAC 6, 7 and 8 for updating Dell PowerEdge servers
- By burning the image on DVD and booting from it using an optical drive
3. Restart server and boot the system from corresponding media
|PowerVault NF:||PowerVault NX:||DSS:|
- When the Boot Options are shown, select option 1 to start the firmware updates.
- Now the Linux distribution is loading
- Then the firmware update process starts and can take up to 1 hour to complete (Do not reboot before!)